Home Selling Process
Your Needs Come First
The process of marketing and selling your house must match your objectives, priorities
and needs. In order to best serve you, we want to learn more about your plans and housing
The following topics outlined below can help us understand your goals and help us build
a strong working relationship:
- How we will work together in the marketing and sale of your property.
- The objectives you want to achieve from the sale of your house and the support you expect to receive from us.
- How the homeselling process should be tailored to fit the characteristics of your property.
Understanding Your Expectations
The following topics will help us understand what is most important to you in the sale of your property.
- Time frame
- Relocation assistance
- Homeselling decisions
- Marketing plan
- Previous homeselling experience
- Positive experiences
Appreciating Your Property
Each property has special features that may interest buyers. Please tell us about your house.
- What do you feel are the most appealing features of this property?
- What features does this property have that differentiate it from other similar properties?
- What changes or enhancements would you suggest to make your property as salable as possible?
- What do you regard as the most attractive features of the surrounding neighborhood?
- Do you have any special terms or conditions regarding the sale of your property we should be aware of (e.g., items of personal property to be excluded, etc.)?
- Are you aware of any problems or concerns regarding the property or the neighborhood that will need to be disclosed to prospective buyers?
- Determine your needs and priorities
- Review “Agency” choices and select appropriate working relationship
- Discuss Marketing Plan
- Establish Pricing Strategy
Design and Implement Marketing Plan
- Complete home enhancement recommendations
- Carry out scheduled marketing activities
- Show the property to brokers and prospective “qualified” buyers
- Communicate with you on a regular basis
- Monitor results of marketing activities
- Modify Marketing Plan and Pricing Strategy as necessary
Review Offer and Reach Agreement with Buyer
- Buyer’s real estate professional presents offer
- Discuss and clarify proposed terms and conditions
- Negotiation; possible counter offers
- Reach final agreement
Complete Settlement Process
- Deposit of buyer’s earnest money
- Sign Documents
- Title search, preliminary title report to buyer
- Removal of remaining contingencies
- Buyer’s final walk-through of property
- Loan funding/balance of funds from buyer
- Recording of title
- Relocation of seller, possession of property by buyer
- Help you find your next home, as needed
- Assist you with relocation, as needed
- Provide resources for other after-sale homeowner needs